You will love Haute-Loire, the Pays du Meygal areawith its strange domed hills, offer a constantly changing lanscape …
The Pays du Meygal area
You will love Haute-Loire. The Pays du Meygal area with its strange domed hills, which are in fact very old, craterless volcanoes, offer a constantly changing landscape to discover, the land of the “Sucs”. It is also a landscape of great forests where you can walk in summer and in winter.
The Pays du Meygal is criss-crossed by a multitude of trails for hiking, cycling, pony trekking and driving, which take you through endlessly varied landscapes.
Things to do in Haute-Loire
- The Zone Nordique du Meygal (approx. 10 km) and the Estables au Massif du Mezenc (approx. 25 km):
Winter activities: Downhill and cross-country skiing, dog sledding, snowshoe outings.
Summer activities: hiking, treetop trails, husky scooter rides…
- Lac d’Issarles and its activities
- Lantriac and Le Chambon-sur-Lignon golf courses (18 holes).
- The Brives Charensac greenway at Solignac sur Loire.
• The Pradelles rail cycleway
The différent festivals
- Le Puy-en-Velay, city of art and history, with its UNESCO world heritage site cathedral and its illuminations
- Typical villages: Bigorre, Moudeyres with its folk museum, Arlempdes.
- The troglodyte houses in Couteaux.
- The Cascade de la Beaume in Solignac sur Loire.
- The Queyrières basalt columns.
The hiking trails
- The GR 65 or the Santiago de Compostela route (red and white waymarking).
- The GR 430 or the Saint Jean François Régis trail.
- The Mont Testavoyre (highest point in the Massif du Meygal).
- Several other hiking circuits and trails all over Haute-Loire.
Not forgetting the trails and circuits open to bikes and motorbikes.